Monday, April 30, 2012

Date Night

I found out at Lee's school party that the Fresh Beat Band was coming to Shreveport. This is a very talented group of twenty somethings that sing and dance on Nick Jr.  Almost every time Z watches this show with Lee Cooper he says, "Who are these people? What is wrong with them? They seem a little off." I always laugh at him because to him it would be torture if someone told him he was going to have to sing and dance for a bunch of kids. The thought of it cracks me up. Anyway, I decided I would try to take Lee to see them. We went. We had a great time together. Lee is always a little nervous when he experiences something new for the first time. He sits back and takes it all in until he feels comfortable with  his surroundings. (He is his father's son!!) I did make some observations last night.

#1. Some people do not mind breaking in line to get a Fresh Beat Band t-shirt. Even when their child points out to them that they have bumped in line. (This was not me.)

#2. Some people smile at everyone they see in a very crowded place to make sure they know that they are trying not to break in front of anybody. (This was me.)

#3. The Fresh Beat Band kids must be rich or they are getting taken by Nick Jr. because everything cost a small fortune.

#4. Daddies that sing every word of "It's Been a Great Day" to their daughters is somewhat enduring, but also a little hilarious.

#5. Mommies that get a little teary eyed at a concert while singing, "You Can be Anything You Put Your Mind Too" are just weird and way too sentimental. (I'm not saying who this was. I plead the fifth. Of course, I did not cry at a concert with my four year old.)

#6. My four year old is a dancing maniac! Very little of it is on beat, and even less of it is anything I have ever seen before, but it is absolutely my favorite dancing to watch!

Here are some videos of Lee Cooper telling you about his date, and some pictures too.

Date Night w/ Lee Cooper (Take One)





Dancing to the Fresh Beats
Waiting with excitement
Self-portraits. Kate is posing, and Wade is trying to focus.




This post was very, very irritating, so don't judge!!!







No comments: