Thursday, April 26, 2012

Oh the Little Monsters

Ok, so a quick blog about some of my day yesterday. Just random things that happened.

So when we first got up yesterday morning, I was telling Lee that today was his Spring Party. Yay! (Translation, Mama has ALOT to do this morning before 10:10.) Well, typically, Lee was not wanting to get up and move. He doesn't want me to brush his hair anymore because he "don't look good when I part his hair." (Actual quote from my 4 year old. I'm in trouble with this one!) I poured some dry Apple Jacks in a cup for him to eat in the car on the way to school. (He doesn't like milk with his cereal. I promise I have tried to give him milk with it and he WILL NOT EAT IT.) He says to me, "Oh great Mama! You made it wet." I say back, "Lee I don't care if it is red. It taste good and you really need to eat things that are different colors. (I was thinking even though this is sugar coated cereal, here is the time to teach him the importance of color in your diet.) He looked at me like I was crazy, and insisted that he doesn't eat WET cereal. I still started listing off all of the good things that were red that we eat. Strawberries, apples, tomatoes.....Finally, he says, "MAMA, IT IS WET NOT RED!" (Well, whatever. I was really on a roll with the whole diet colors and you just ruined it. You little monster.) I quickly traded bowls with Kate whose was wonderfully dry, and we were off to school.

Now, after dropping Lee off. I debated at the stop sign for a little while. To go to Sonic for a big diet coke or to return home. (I really don't have much time.) I tell myself that I deserve the Diet Coke and to "make time for me." I head to the Sonic order my drink, which takes longer than it should, but okay. Get the drink. Start pulling back onto the busy Shreveport street, when I take my first big gulp at the red light. It has cherry in it. I HATE cherry. (Whatever, it's red and I don't like them!) So now do I go back and get them to fix it or do I just go home. (I don't have much time.) I decide it was nearly two dollars. I need to go get it right, so I can enjoy my drink. Turn around, which takes five minutes to make a loop in Shreveport. Tell the Sonic girl that they have made a mistake and put cherry in my Diet Coke. The say they will send another one out, which takes too long. I finally get my Diet Coke and tell the girl thank you and try to smile extra so she won't think I'm mad. (I AM mad.)

Now, we are back home and I'm drinking my Diet Coke. (Oh, it was a good one.) When I noticed that Kate now has the Diet Coke, I quickly go to get it from her. Her sweet baby brother notices that his sister is getting to swig on a Mama drink, so he goes to get it. Kate drops the drink, and Wade then rams the straw through the bottom of the cup. My Diet Coke is now all over the floor and trickling through the house as I run to the sink with it. (Uh....you little monsters!)

Okay, so Lee's party is today. We have to get ready and go to the store to get a fruit tray. I'm running around the house like a crazy lady. Getting things a little straightened before we leave and getting babies dressed. We all get dressed. ( I must say that I look pretty cute! Feeling good about that!) Get to the school. Get the kids loaded in the stroller. (They are looking pretty cute, too. Feeling good about that, also.) Rush into the school office. "Hey Mrs. T. We are here for the party." The school secretary has a very puzzled look on her face. "What party?" Well, duh the spring party. "Mrs. Monk's Spring Party." I said oh so happily. "Honey, the parties are tomorrow." I faked a laugh and said, "OH! I guess I'm early."

Also, last night while I'm cooking supper. Lee asked me, "Mama, where do babies come from?" I ignored this question. "I mean Mama, how do they get in your tummy?" I start singing a silly song to the top of my lungs to try to distract. Nope. He persisted. I answered with, "Babies are gifts from God, Lee." (That have a no return policy.) Lee says, "I know that Mama, but how do they get in your tummy." The only thing I could think of was through your belly button. I knew I couldn't tell him that, but of course I wasn't going to tell my 4yr old the TRUTH! Anyway, after several questions that I ignored about babies in Mama's tummies. He asked, "So how do they get there?" I turned around to him  and said, "Oh Lee. God gives us babies, and they are such wonderful gifts, and he puts them in Mamas' tummies very, very carefully." To my surprised this answer worked. He walked out of the kitchen saying, "Oh. very, very, carefully."

This is just the highlights. There was also dirty diaper fiascos. Screaming fits. Hair bow dilemmas. You get the point.

I wanted to tell all of you out there that I just started reading the book, "Heaven is for Real." If you haven't read this book, you should. It is really simple book to read, but it is truly amazing. I  think sometimes we talk about heaven like yeah, yeah, yeah, it's that place we go when we die. However, it is a REAL place where people are. I can't wait to see Bebaw again. I also, can't wait to see the blood stained scars on my Jesus's hands, and see Him face to face.

2 comments:

Les said...

Your day made me tired :). I hope today is easier for you. We miss yall!

Kim's Kreations said...

Wow Lizzie,
That made me very very tired! -Kimberly Methvin