Monday, April 23, 2012

People I Love

When I first joined Facebook, people were writing notes about 25 things about them. I did it then, but that was before I had children. So much of my life has changed now. I was going to write 25 more things about me, but I just couldn't shake the feeling of it being a little narcissistic. However, I have decided to write about people in my life that mean the world to me. I find complete fulfillment in being a wife, daughter, mother, sister, friend. I'm not sure what that says about me that I don't feel driven to have a career, but I love being around the people I love. I just wish there was more that I could do for them. This is probably a pretty obvious list, but I'm an obvious kinda person.

1. God. He is the greatest constant in my life. I feel like my relationship with Him is always changing. Sometimes I feel closer to Him and feel His presence stronger than other times. I know that this is because of my weaknesses and not because of His.  He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I am so thankful for his faithfulness to me, and everyday I strive to be faithful to Him. I also pray that in someway I can be used to bring Him glory and honor. There is such a peace I have in my life and that comes from Him.

2. Zachary Ryan. I don't really want to get too sappy here. I will say that he is my best friend. Nobody makes me laugh more than Z. He also is the first person I turn to when I need advice or someone to listen to my stories. I don't want to lead you to believe that our relationship is perfect. We are real people with real faults. Our relationship has been through a lot in its 12 years. We have been separated by war and obligations. Surviving the Marine Corps was just the beginning. If you have ever been in a relationship with a medical student, then you know how hard this can be on a relationship. I don't think people understand how stressful it is to be a med student. There were weeks when I would get a ten minute conversation about his day, and that is about it. I will say though through it all we have never lost sight of our friendship and our desire to be with each other. I love the boy, and he loves me. There is such comfort in knowing that we are equally devoted to each other, and I am so thankful that he decided to share his life with me. I can't wait to see what is next for us because it keeps getting better and better.


3. My parents and sister. I am one of the lucky ones. I have really great parents that I would not trade for anybody else in the world. We have always been a close family. We all like to be around each other. My parents have always been there for me. My mama is the person I can call to get sympathy and someone that will listen. My daddy is someone I can call for advice and solutions. I would be lost with out either one of them. My sister has been someone that I have admired my whole life. That is still true. She is the greatest mom and wife. She works so hard and has so much stress in her job. She still finds the time and energy to make sure her kids have the attention they need. I really don't know how she does everything she does. She is my friend, and I love her. 




4. My children. I don't think I really need to tell you how much they mean to me. I think it is pretty clear. My life would be nothing without my babies.


Lee Bradford Cooper
January 4, 2008


Lauren Kate Cooper    Wade Harmon Cooper
May 12, 2010

5. Everybody else. There are so many people in my life that mean so much to me: grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, the family that I joined when I got married. I love all of my family and friends and so thankful that God has placed them in my life. I hope that I can give to them as much as they all give to me. 

Thanks for stopping by and reading the blog. I get to see how many people read it everyday, and it is very exciting to me. It doesn't tell me who reads it. Just how many people look at it. Very glad y'all are stoping by to see us!  Hope you have a great week, and now I must get to the laundry that has piled up over the weekend.  Thanks again!!!

No comments: