Wednesday, March 27, 2013

It's time to start over with a new one.....

Well guys, I have about nine days before my last little one joins us. Nine days of being pregnant for the last time. Nine days of worrying about the unseen in my tummy. Nine days of hoping for the future of my baby. (Well, wait I have the rest of my life for hoping for the future of all my children, so that one doesn't count.) Nine days of only having three kids to chase around. Nine days. (And let's be honest, it will be nine days if I take it easy and stop trying to do it all.) This has my mind racing a little bit. Zach and I have several huge changes coming for us in the next 3 months. Some that are very exciting and some that leave us feeling anxious and praying earnestly that we are making the right decisions for our family. The one thing that I have no mixed emotions about is laying my eyes on this baby, holding him in my arms, and knowing that in all my life this is one of the four greatest blessings I have ever been given. I am going to share with you some of the things flowing through my mind because of there only being nine days before we ALL meet this little one.


First of all, I'm thinking about my three beautiful babies that I already have with me.





Lee Bradford Cooper was my first baby. My first time of understanding that I didn't really understand being a mother at all. He is the oldest and because of that I feel like I always push him a little too hard to move to the next stage, to do what is next on the list of life's to do list. He is exactly like his daddy, which I love. He does have a temper and will let you know when he thinks something is ridiculous. (Zachary Cooper) However, he is probably the most tender-hearted little guy that I know. (Zach again.) He is always wanting to figure out how something works, or pretending to work at a power plant, or working in the storage building to rid it of all the "traps." He is a thinker, a contemplator, and cares greatly about what everybody else is doing and if he can "help." He has handled being a big brother to twins wonderfully, which is no easy assignment.  He can not wait to meet the baby and says that he loves him already. However, he does hope he will be better and quieter than Kate and Wade. (Uh-oh!) I love everything about him, and hope that I can steer all that curiosity and sheer determination in the right direction. 






Lauren Kate Cooper is my little angel. My only little girl in this house full of boys. She is all the girl I could've asked for. She loves everything pink, shiny, and girly. She loves her daddy and thinks he hung the moon. (And that feeling is pretty mutual.) She likes to know exactly where I am and what I'm doing. She can mostly be found under my feet or playing with babies and purses. She loves pretty dresses and doesn't at all like it when I dress her in "Wade's clothes." Kate has no problem letting us know when she is upset about something. We can "hear" all about it. Which brings me to the fact that she is by far the loudest little girl I have ever been around. (I know she gets that honest but let's not discuss that.) She absolutely loves both of her brothers and Jakey boy, and she will report on any behavior that should not be being committed. Which the boys just love. (sarcasm) I look forward to being friends with her one day. I look forward to her future whatever that may hold for her. Until that time, I look forward to experiencing all the fun things about being a girl with her and trying my hardest to teach her to  know that she is beautiful and worthy of all the good this world has to offer. 





Wade Harmon Cooper is the character of the group. He has the most confidence of the three kids. He lives life the way he wants to. He is sweet and loving, but he is going to do what he wants to do and is perfectly fine with you not doing it with him. He has had stitches and a cracked skull. He opens locked gates and front doors. He roams down driveways and through ditches. He lives life on the wild side, but not because he is trying to be bad only because this world is such a fun place to be. Life is fun for Wade. He also likes to give kisses and loves to snuggle with his mama. In fact, he really likes being the baby of the group. (Uh-oh!) He likes to dance with Kate, and he thinks Lee Cooper is really funny. He is amazingly smart but is a man of very few words. He only says what must be said, and I shouldn't waste his time trying to get him to say other things. He is definitely a little tornado and can destroy anything he touches.  I love that he has confidence. I love that he has his own little special personality. I love that Zach and I will catch ourselves just shaking our heads at him because he is up to something. I hope and pray that I can help him live up to his potential and always encourage the strengths of his personality and never stifle his confidence. 


The other thing running through my mind are the men in my life that this next little one is going to be named after. 






The baby of the group is going to be named Stephen Ryan, after the two most important men in my life, my daddy and my husband.  I have been very blessed in my life with men that are stable and strong enough for me to lean on. Growing up I had a daddy that loved my mama, loved my sister and me, and made stands in his life even when it wasn't popular or easy. He has always challenged me to be a better person. Sometimes he knows that he is challenging us. Growing up he would ask Sister and I questions, just to get us to debate each other or him. He has also challenged me at times when he didn't even know he was. Because I have always felt he was absolutely the best, I never wanted to disappoint him, so I was always challenged to make choices in my life based on the things he stood for in his life. My daddy has always challenged me in my faith, to know why I believe something or to not be afraid to question things and then dive in the Bible to see if I can find the answers that make sense.  He has taught me to stand up for things I believe in without criticizing or judging others for what they believe in. He has always been the voice of reason to his girls when, at times, we can be slightly dramatic. I have also never had to experience a time in my life that I felt I had no one because no matter how old I get or how big my problems can be, he is always there for me. Baby Stephen will get his middle name from his daddy, Zachary Ryan. Zach has been in my life since I was seventeen years old. We started out friends and grew to be much more. (Well, obviously!) In high school, I liked Zach because he seemed different to me than all the other boys. He was quiet but funny. He was mature but careless. He was smart but sincere. He joined the Marine Corps right after graduation, and I was proud of him for his willingness to serve and his courage. He went to war twice and I was proud of his bravery. He came home and continued to challenge himself in school and never accept that he wasn't capable of doing anything. He continues to ask himself if there is more he can be doing to serve others. He is an awesome daddy and is always challenging himself to try to provide more for our kids. Most of all he loves me with all of his heart. He has since I was a "baby," and I love him whole heartedly. 


So as I look into the near future and realize our life is about to drastically change again, I am reminded that no matter how scary it can be or how much I worry I will have a baby that I love for just being him and that he will have men in his life to help guide him through every twist and turn. The little one has his whole life in front of him and I'm so excited that I get to share it with him. 



“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations."  Jeremiah 1:5

No comments: