Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What was I thinking?

Okay, I'm willing to admit that sometimes I don't always do things to the best of my ability. When Zachary is cleaning, he moves furniture AND matches the socks. He would never in a million years think of hiding something under the couch or the bed. I, on the other hand, am more of a surface cleaner. If I walk in my house and it "looks" clean, then I'm good to go. (Just don't look in my closet.....please don't. I will die of humiliation.)  Now, this is fine until it is "big cleaning day." On that day, I go around my house ranting and raving, mainly at myself but sometimes directed at the kids. I'm going to tell you a few of the things that I was mad at myself about this morning......(and hopefully some of you out there will tell me I'm not alone in my half-hazardousness.)


1. Why did I think it was a good idea not to fold last week. I mean I continued to wash all the clothes but I did not fold one single freshly cleaned garment. It was all piled on the extra twin bed in Lee's room. Crazy!

2. Why is it a good idea to continue to shove things in a garbage can that is already full, especially when the trash bag is falling down in the trash can. Lazy!

3. Why was it a good idea to buy that bag of Halloween candy. Fullzy!

4. Why would I think it was a good idea to stay up so late last night watching the news. Hazy!

5. Why would a little person think it was a good idea to color all over the freshly mopped kitchen floor with side walk chalk. (This could've been worse, so I handled it pretty well.) Lousy!!


These are just a few things that were running through my mind this morning while I was straightening the house and cleaning the kitchen. Now that I have all the clothes folded and only have two loads to wash today, I feel better about all of those things. However, I'm sure that if Zach looked around or under, he would find things that I should be doing and completely bust my bubble, but for now I feel quite accomplished. I promise to myself to never let the folding pile up like that again.......(Well, at least until the next time that I have a hundred things to do and the laundry gets pushed to the side.)


On a side note my heart aches for those people in the Northeast that have had their lives turned upside down. My prayers are with them and the recovery workers. Hopefully, with everyone working together they will get it all cleaned up quicker than they expect.


And when He got into the boat, the disciples followed him. And behold there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being swamped by the waves; but He was asleep. And they woke Him saying, "Save us Lord. We are perishing." And He said to them, "Why are you afraid. O, ye of little faith." Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. And the men marveled saying, "What kind of man is this that even the winds and sea obey him."    Matthew 8:23-27

1 comment:

Les said...

You are definitely not alone. I'm ashamed to admit that I have more than one laundry basket full of clothes that need to be folded and put away and some more languishing on top of my dresser, dishes in the sink from yesterday, Reagan's room is a disaster, and the list goes on and on. Miss you!